Bricked?

Christopher Heiny heiny at starband.net
Wed Apr 25 05:10:10 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007, ground control picked up the following
transmission from michael at michaelshiloh.com:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> > Christopher Heiny wrote:
> >> I think I've done something awful to my Neo.
> >
> > No, you've just emptied the battery :-)
> >
> > If you have a means to recharge the battery from an external
> > source, I'd recommend you try that.
>
> Along these lines, I've searched for an external charger for these
> batteries, with no luck. Does anyone know of such?
>
> Alternately, just buy a spare battery, making sure it comes at least
> partially charged. Then you can update uboot and charge the dead one.
>
> Another alternative is to find a friend w/ a phone that uses this
> type of battery, which is pretty common.

As luck would have it, an eBay charger and battery were waiting for me
when I got home.  Unfortunately, the new battery was flat, too.  I've
got it on the charger right now, and will report again tomorrow.

Searching ebay for
    nokia n70 battery
should provide more hits than you know what to do with.