Question on Moko X server

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Aug 1 00:01:57 CEST 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:36:59 -0400, Mark wrote:
> I doubt phase1 devices would be able to use either of these.

Cairo itself should work just fine, (and according to Mickey's
separate post should now be included---hurrah!).

> On a side note this probably would take a custom cairo port for the
> graphics processor we use

Cairo itself shouldn't have to change at all. The best way to use it
would be to continue to use cairo's xlib backend, (which is what GTK+
uses already, for example). Then, all that's needed is X driver
support (EXA/Render support in particular) for whatever fancy graphics
chip ends up in the new device.

-Carl