make flash-local?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Fri Aug 3 17:14:08 CEST 2007

Jeff Rush wrote:
> While there is a "flash-qemu-local" make target in MokoMakefile, there
> doesn't seem to be a non-QEMU flash target.  Or am I overlooking an
> easy, one-command way of updating the device?  I can do it the long way
> with dfu-util but hoped there was a simple way that would flash the
> latest locally-built image as well.

The reason why a "flash-neo-local" target does not exist is mainly
because there is no simple way for the makefile to know the filename of
your latest locally-built kernel and rootfs.

If there were well-known names (e.g. symlinks put in place by the OE
build recipes) for these things, then the Makefile could easily run
dfu-util for you.

-- Rod