compiling Kaffe 1.1.7 - X lib issue

Jim Huang jserv.tw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 11:26:39 CEST 2007

2007/8/4, Srijith K. Nair <srijith.k at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,

hi Srijith,

> I have been trying to cross-compile kaffe 1.1.7 by basing it on
> kaffe-gtk_1.1.5.bb However I am running into a a problem with the X
> libraries during config phase. The error I get is:
[...]

Since Kaffe developers were busy preparing in-coming version 1.1.8, I
would suggest you to use cvs head[1] instead.

'/openmoko/mokodev/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/kaffeh-native-1.1.7-r3/kaffe-1.1.7/libraries/javalib/external/classpath/configure'
> failed for libraries/javalib/external/classpath
>  FATAL: oe_runconf failed
> NOTE: Task failed:

So, it showed that you even failed to compile native kaffe utilities
such as kaffeh.  I am not sure if kaffe specific bitbake recipes are
maintained or not.   I have tried to skip kaffeh-native and use the
freshly installed one.  Then, do cross-build as described in
FAQ/FAQ.cross-compiling, and it worked for me.

Sincerely,
Jim Huang
http://jserv.sayya.org/

[1] http://www.kaffe.org/anoncvs.shtml