Adding Applications To OpenMoko The Right Way

Andy Powell openmoko at automated.it
Wed Aug 29 22:10:55 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 17:46, Jim McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>    Would it be possible for someone in the know to provide instructions,
> either here or in the Wiki, on exactly how to add an application to a
> local openmoko image?  We have been informed at various times that the
> current way listed on the Wiki is incorrect and bad, but the obvious
> follow-up of telling us how to do it correctly has been omitted.
>
>    Bonus points for providing the answer in the context of mokomakefile
> (as that is what most of the people who do not understand the OE setup
> use) and not using the word 'simple' without supplying step-by-step
> instructions.
>
>    Many thanks in advance from a frustrated would-be developer.
>
> Cheers,
> Jim.

Jim (jgm ?)

I think we've both vented on irc about this (/me = ScaredyCat) and I've been
having a play about and managed to build my own images with my own
applications added. I've added it to the wiki too.. If you could test my
instructions I'd appreciate it.

You need to do the preceeding bits on that page too...

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Application_Development_Crash_Course#Creating_your_own_images

No doubt it's another 'wrong way' but in the absence of any useful help we
have to find our own solutions :)

HTH

Andy / ScaredyCat