minimizing disk space for compile [u]

Andreas Jellinghaus [c] aj at ciphirelabs.com
Thu Aug 30 10:05:24 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 30. August 2007 schrieb Koen Kooi:
> Andreas Jellinghaus schreef:
> > I managed to compile my own moko images once with many GB of disk space
> > used. another update/compile added several more GB of data, till the
> > compile failed (hard disk full).
> >
> > Is there a way to minimize disk space use? for example - not sure - it
> > seems the build mechanism keeps all build directories etc. can't it
> > throw away all that once the compile succeeded? keeping packages and
> > source and oe/om files should be enough?
> >
> > thanks for your advise.
>
> See
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2007-August/002901.
>html and the replies.

thanks for the pointer Koen!

to be sure I understand this correctly:
the INHERIT += "rm_work" setting will remove the work/ directories only?

the subject of that thread was removing source, and I don't want to hammer
servers by deleting and re-downloading the complete source all the time.
source/ directory is fine (and shouldn't grow much when updating).

also is there a special reason why this setting isn't enabled by default?

Thanks, Andreas