VERY basic question from a programming-beginner

Christof Elmiger christof.elmiger at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 31 00:21:05 CEST 2007

Hi all
I am aspiring to develop an application that should be running on a Neo
and possibly also on other phones. I've been searching the wiki and the
documentations about OpenMoko, but it's a bit over the top of my head.
As I am a complete beginner, I would need some more, very very basic
help. Could someone be so kind as to give me a few hints as on how I
should set out with my quest? E.g. what programming language should I do
my work in (do I have a choice? JavaME? Flash light? Python?), and what
restrictions do I need to consider? How can I simulate/emulate it on my
computer? If such basic stuff is being covered somewhere, please point
me to the source.
Thanks, and greetings from switzerland
paul