VERY basic question from a programming-beginner

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Fri Aug 31 18:27:38 CEST 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 00:21, Christof Elmiger wrote:
> Hi all
> I am aspiring to develop an application that should be running on a Neo
> and possibly also on other phones. I've been searching the wiki and the
> documentations about OpenMoko, but it's a bit over the top of my head.
> As I am a complete beginner, I would need some more, very very basic
> help. Could someone be so kind as to give me a few hints as on how I
> should set out with my quest? E.g. what programming language should I do
> my work in (do I have a choice? JavaME? Flash light? Python?), and what
> restrictions do I need to consider? How can I simulate/emulate it on my
> computer? If such basic stuff is being covered somewhere, please point
> me to the source.
> Thanks, and greetings from switzerland
> paul

here're some (hopefully) useful links...

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Developer
  |-> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Application_Development_Crash_Course
  |-> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines
  `-> ....

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/MokoMakefile   (check here also  "#quemu" as an
emulator)

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/How_to_run_OpenMoko_Apps_on_PC (to run openmoko
bins on your "own box")

maybe you can also check:

http://projects.openmoko.org/

to see which languages are in used/possible

hope that helps a bit otherwise more informations from your side would be
nice :)

languages I used so far: c, python, sh
probably also other?!

-homyx