YAMA - Map Application intended for OpenMoko

Schmidt András asch at freemail.hu
Thu Dec 6 18:45:57 CET 2007

Hi, Bartlomiej!

I am very happy about that you are interested in the application :-).

Yama has two versions. A Java and a Mono/C#/Gtk one. The Mono/C#/Gtk one
is intended for the OpenMoko platform.

I have read on this list a few week before that Mono works on OpenMoko:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-devel/2007-October/001583.html

Yama (for Java) depends on Java SE 5. My personal belief is that Java 5
SE will not be ported to the Phone soon. That's why I have rewritten the
GUI in C#/Gtk.

The two executables (Java .jar and Mono .exe) included in the release
package  (yama-demo-osm-bundle at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=206985) are
platform independent, both work on my Ubuntu desktop. They should work
on other Linuxes and Windows as well. The .exe may also work on OpenMoko
when the mono packages are installed.

Did you try them on your desktop? Did they work?

Thank you for your interest!

Andrew Schmidt