Toolchain alpha release

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Dec 10 09:55:00 CET 2007

John Lee schreef:
> Hi,
>
> i686 version is released as well.
>
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/

As I pointed out to Mickey last week, you can't legally distribute that
toolchain for a number of reasons:

* You use autotools.bbclass almost verbatin, but don't include OE's
COPYING.MIT
* ipkg-utils is GPL, but there's no trace of that fact in the toolchain,
even if you include files from it.

Most toolchains I encounter come with a document detailing the include
items and their licenses, dunno if that's mandatory, but it certainly
would be nice to have.

regards,

Koen

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 02:07:59AM +0800, John Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please check
>>
>> http://downloads.openmoko.org/toolchains/openmoko-x86_64-arm-linux-gnueabi-toolchain.tar.bz2
>>
>> It's the alpha release of a lean toolchain built on debian lenny,
>> x86_64.  The source of openmoko-sample2 is included so you could
>> compile and install it on your neo.  The tarball must be extracted to
>> '/' , and please read /usr/local/openmoko/arm/README .
>>
>> As the name suggests, it's really in alpha stage, so please give your
>> feedback/ flame.  Thanks!
>>
>> The wiki page http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Toolchain is not updated
>> yet since we got (temporary ?) connection problems here in Taipei.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John

- --
koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl will go go away in december 2007, please