gllin and gpsd

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:01:07 CET 2007

BTW if you have the phone connected over USB, you can access the gpsd
remotely too.  This would enable you to develop GPS apps on the PC.  I
was running "xgps moko" yesterday to see the plot of satellite
positions and signal strengths.

Can anybody confirm that the jack in the side of the phone is for a
GPS antenna, or something else?  (Bluetooth maybe?)  I tried
connecting a GPS antenna there and it didn't seem to make any
difference in signal strength.  But my understanding is that GPS
antennae have built-in LNAs and therefore require 5V "phantom power"
to be sent over the coax.