gllin and gpsd

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:07:56 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 6:46 PM, Lon Lentz <lon.lentz at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Thanks. Your script works and so does gpsdrive. I'm gonna tweak the UI to
> make it work better on the neo's screen (and a few other moko changes).

Sounds good.  It definitely has some room for usability improvements
(zoom controls are especially unintuitive, and you cannot drag the map
around without doing a mode switch to go out of "live" mode).  And I
don't understand why it is so slow, but I never dug into the source
code to find out.  It's just displaying images that match your current
location, and the track on top; what's the big deal?  I usually have
run it on my ancient Toughbook (P120 or so) and it's terrible, but I
have used it on several trips because there was nothing better.  I bet
it will be about the same on the phone, since an ARM doesn't have as
much horsepower as a Pentium, clock-for-clock.