minimo in openmoko

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 20:41:00 CET 2007

Hi,

On 26/12/2007, Gong.Zhi-peng at inventec.com.cn
<Gong.Zhi-peng at inventec.com.cn> wrote:
> I want to run minimo built from openembedded in openmoko qemu.
>
> However the qemu window size is limited to 480x640, it can not display whole
> minimo.

Qemu adjusts the window size to the virtual machine's display
resolution. You can change this resolution using fbset in the guest or
by modifying the Linux kernel. The resolution of 480x640 is set in the
file arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-gta01.c around line 307 in Linux.

Note that such modified kernel will stop displaying correctly on the
physical Neo1973 screen. Only the virtual LCD has the capability to
adjust resolution.

I suggest you use Xoo or Xephyr instead of qemu-neo1973, as the
purpose of qemu is low-level compatibility with the hardware.

Cheers,
Andrew