shrinking the footprint

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 03:56:20 CET 2007

This is an interesting project I just heard about tonight:  eglibc, as
in embedded glibc.  The idea is that it's a version of glibc that can
be configured (so not all of glibc need be in it if nothing/s using
it), that also strips out a lot of backward compatibility that doesn't
matter to new code.  Sounds like something that could profitably be in
openembedded... (I think I've finally got an openembedded
configuration that's going to successfully compile task-base, so I'm
not the guy to talk to about putting it in).

http://www.eglibc.org/home