Please no crossposting! Re: Information regarding theMessaging Support in OpenMoko

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Thu Feb 1 12:28:52 CET 2007

On 2/1/07 10:06 AM, "David Schlesinger" <David.Schlesinger at palmsource.com>
wrote:

> Well, you're not wrong, certainly: people use MMS even though it _is_ horribly
> broken (and expensive, etc.) I guess the point I'm attempting to make here is
> that in addition to the challenges in just getting a working phone out the
> door, you sign up to take on what seems, to me, anyway, to be a pretty
> substantial educational exercise.

Agreed. But we're trying our best to discourage the common user until phase
2 of our roadmap. This will give us time to see if this "educational
exercise" produces something better than MMS. Both fingers are crossed ;-)

-Sean

P.S. I've never ruled out something (backwardly?) compatible with MMS...it's
just MMS hardly seems even compatible with itself.