Convert from Palm DB

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 06:22:45 CET 2007

Richard Boehme writes:
>I'm writing an app for OpenMoko and I have a legacy application on my
>Palm that I need to port data from. I've been googling around to try
>and find a .pdb to .csv or .pdb to [insert other commonly readable
>format here] so that I can look at the database and write something to
>convert my data from CSV into my database.
>
>Does anyone know of a free Palm database converter?

Unfortunately, .pdb format is so much an encapsulation around whatever
data is inside that you really need a specialized "palm app format to
what you want" converter.

pdb2csv, from palm-db-tools (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/palm-db-tools/) might give you a
starting point.  At the very least, the libpalm library in that might
help.