New recipe: Trivial application in Open Embedded

michael at michaelshiloh.com michael at michaelshiloh.com
Sat Feb 10 21:18:12 CET 2007

Thanks to the help of a bunch of people on this and the OpenEmbedded list< I
was able to learn how to create my first trivial application. Recipe is at:

  http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/OpenEmbedded/OETrivialApplication

The file create is an ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, etc. so it seems right,
but I didn't test it. Perhaps I'll fire up my old Zaurus SL-5000 and see if it
works.

I also took the opportunity to create an OpenEmbedded page which has this and
my other recipe as sub-pages. Perhaps those of you working with FC or other
distributions would like to create recipes for those. Even a work-in-progress
is helpful.

As usual, feedback of all sorts is welcome.

Next steps? One of

   - Create an ipkg. This trivial application only created the executable
   - Create a trivial application using GTE

Michael