Integer pixel operations for gtk+?

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 01:01:19 CET 2007

On 2/10/07, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer schreef:
> > Thanks for raising this issue Koen,
> >
> > I'd be very grateful for someone updating this patch to
> >
> > a) 2.6.10 and
> > b) 2.10.x
>
> Xan Lopez has expressed some interest in updating that patch (probably for 2.10.x), but
> won't have time till next week to do proper testing.
>
> There was some talk on the cairo list about moving image stuff into cairo and having
> optimized implementations there. It would be a nice experiment since the cairo developers
> are a lot more open to suggestions and contributions than the gtk+ people.

Well it sure makes sense to move "image stuff" into cairo. And we're
always up for a challenge to optimize for a given platform, especially
if you can make a cairo-perf test out of it, or give us some simple
example code that we could turn into a perf test.

First though, I personally would like to see some actual profiles that
identify this as a bottleneck. To quote Koen from the bugzilla entry:
"Let's hope it doesn't take another 4 and a half year to (produce a
profile)." Federico asked for one a long time ago. Maybe that's why
the bug hasn't been recieved the needed love?

Dan