New recipe: Trivial application in Open Embedded

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Tue Feb 13 22:17:11 CET 2007

Le samedi 10 février 2007 à 12:18 -0800, michael at michaelshiloh.com a
écrit :
> Thanks to the help of a bunch of people on this and the OpenEmbedded list< I
> was able to learn how to create my first trivial application. Recipe is at:
>
>   http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/OpenEmbedded/OETrivialApplication
>
> The file create is an ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, etc. so it seems right,
> but I didn't test it. Perhaps I'll fire up my old Zaurus SL-5000 and see if it
> works.
>
> I also took the opportunity to create an OpenEmbedded page which has this and
> my other recipe as sub-pages. Perhaps those of you working with FC or other
> distributions would like to create recipes for those. Even a work-in-progress
> is helpful.
>
> As usual, feedback of all sorts is welcome.
>
> Next steps? One of
>
>    - Create an ipkg. This trivial application only created the executable
>    - Create a trivial application using GTE

Could you try a possibly not-so-trivial recipe: run the application
natively on host in xoo? (If possible, reusing the OpenEmbedded
framework to ease building the entire middleware framework).
I am still stuck fighting with "native" building with OpenEmbedded...

Rodolphe

PS: But anyway, thanks for contributing such recipes. It will certainly
help for fast start...