Recipe for setting up OpenEmbedded environment on wiki

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Wed Feb 14 00:10:01 CET 2007

Phil Schaffner wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 10:46 -0700, Richi Plana wrote:
>> This is what I meant by problem with mailing lists and why it would be
>> nice to tie it up with wikis (*automated* as opposed to manually):
>> useful information should be distilled and summarized so that we don't
>> lose any useful information.
>
> Yes, getting the info into a wiki page started the thread, but afraid I
> don't quite understand how the process can be automated.

See www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile for an example of how the
nslu2-linux.org project automates usage of OpenEmbedded to build
nslu2-linux custom firmware.

"wget www.nslu2-linux.org/Makefile ; make <distro>" is all you need to
do to build our firmware.  It could easily be made that simple for
openmoko too.

-- Rod