Java support?

Christopher Heiny clheiny at starband.net
Wed Feb 14 09:09:16 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 23:57, picked up the following transmission
from Marc Verwerft:
> Hi Fred,
>
> google search on these subjects (before I posted this):
> - "java se" site:lists.openmoko.org returns 0 results.
> So I let somebody else answer this ...
>
> - "java me" site:lists.openmoko.org returns 5 results. The most
> important one is probably the first one from Terence Barr, java
> mobile & embedded evangelist at sun.

Well, you might try
    java site:lists.openmoko.org
which returns 110 results.  Granted, you might actually have to read
them to extract the information you're after, but it is there.

Quick summary: we hope to support Java ME (CDC gets priority) right
away, with Java SE coming along later (initial Neo1973 CPU will have
barely enough horsepower, but Moore's law should come to our rescue).