Recipe for setting up OpenEmbedded environment on wiki

Christopher Heiny clheiny at starband.net
Wed Feb 14 16:31:04 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 03:43, picked up the following
transmission from Koen Kooi:
> Phil Schaffner schreef:
> > Good suggestion, and I will look at it, but does not make it any
> > clearer how one would automate getting mailing list information
> > content into a Wiki - in fact it points out how hard is is to
> > categorize the content.  :-)
>
> FWIW, I deleted a lot duplicate information in the linuxtogo openmoko
> wiki since you all seemed to be duplicating
> http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GettingStarted and
> http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEandYourDistro. It's nice to see
> people working on howto's, but fragmentation like this isn't good.
> I'd like to have openembedded howto's/hints/whatever in the
> openembedded wiki, and openmoko related stuff in the openmoko
> wiki(s).

FWIW, you also deleted a bunch of NOT duplicate information.  When you
unilaterally delete other people's work and tell them "go do it
somewhere else", you should at the very least copy the non-redundant
portions of the information to the location you think it should be.

For example, I notice that you didn't bother to copy the OpemMoko local
configuration recipe to the OpenEmbedded LocalConfExamples page.