Recipe for setting up OpenEmbedded environment on wiki

Christopher Heiny clheiny at starband.net
Wed Feb 14 17:21:28 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 07:56, picked up the following
transmission from Koen Kooi:
> Christopher Heiny schreef:
> > On Wednesday 14 February 2007 03:43, picked up the following
> >
> > transmission from Koen Kooi:
> >>
> >> FWIW, I deleted a lot duplicate information in the linuxtogo
> >> openmoko wiki since you all seemed to be duplicating
> >> http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/GettingStarted and
> >> http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEandYourDistro. It's nice to see
> >> people working on howto's, but fragmentation like this isn't good.
> >> I'd like to have openembedded howto's/hints/whatever in the
> >> openembedded wiki, and openmoko related stuff in the openmoko
> >> wiki(s).
> >
> > FWIW, you also deleted a bunch of NOT duplicate information.
>
> No, I did not, look again.
>
> >  When you
> > unilaterally delete other people's work and tell them "go do it
> > somewhere else", you should at the very least copy the
> > non-redundant portions of the information to the location you think
> > it should be.
>
> I removed not one bit of non-redundant info, look again.
>
> > For example, I notice that you didn't bother to copy the OpemMoko
> > local configuration recipe to the OpenEmbedded LocalConfExamples
> > page.
>
> Correct, since it was redundant, look again.

I still fail to observe the localconf recipe that you deleted from here

http://www.linuxtogo.org/gowiki/OpenMoko/OpenEmbedded/SettingUpOEForUbuntu

on the OE site here

http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LocalConfExamples

Or indeed anywhere else on the OpenEmbedded wiki.  Perhaps you can point
out where it is?