Test results (was Re: Integer pixel operations for gtk+?)

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Wed Feb 14 17:52:37 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 08:58 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:

> > Attached is my modified version that generates 2 different sizes of
> > image, both with and without alpha, and times that.
> >
> > Koen, could you see if you have any more luck with this on your h2200?
>

> Times in seconds:
>
>        Stock 2.10.9            2.10.9+plana-pixops
> mean   12,202095		16,114419
> stdev   0,044377		 1,091860

Well, that's not right. If the H2200 doesn't have a FP coprocessor,
integer pixops should be faster. I was going to ask if you passed the
parameter "--enable-integer-pixops" to the script configure (or
autogen.sh), but I'm supposing you did since there was obviously a
difference (the code would almost be identical to stock if integer-ops
wasn't enabled. I, ah, might have made some changes).

Thanks for the test program. I'm working to improve it to add some more
metrics. Will post when ready. (We really should have some kind of code
versioning system going on.)
--

Richi Plana