openswan klips and nat-t patches for openmoko added

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Feb 15 01:28:42 CET 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Richi Plana wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 17:44 +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:
> > I built the 2.6.17.7 kernel using all the patches from quilt. Worked
> > like a charm.
>
> When you say "Worked like a charm", did you just mean that it compiled

Actually, I meant it patched fine :)

Of course, we did find a bug in the nat-t patch today that in fact broke
nat-t when using NETKEY. The fix is confirmed and comitted to cvs and
will be in openswan-2.4.8 which I'll release tomorrow. So whoever is
gathering patches for openmoko, wait until the 2.4.8 nat-t patch is on
the ftp server tomorrow.

> cleanly? Or that you tested the compiled kernel (either on an emulator
> or similar hardware ... or, dare I hope, the actual Neo1973!)?

It took me a few hours today to get a working environment going, and openmoko
has been compiling for a few hours now and is still running. So no compile
test yet. And no, I have no physical hardware yet to test :P

Besides, this is just the kernel part. We also need to package up openswan
userland for the openmoko. But it will take me a while to get used to the
openmoko build system. I am new to SVN, openembedded, monotome and bitbake,
since for openswan we actually use git for the new trees, and cvs for the
2.4 tree.

Paul