Desktop side?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sat Feb 17 14:42:30 CET 2007

"Bryce Leo" <bryce.leo at gmail.com> writes:
> Anyone else thinking of the desktop side of the software? An open
> phone that syncs well with Linux is nice, but your average consumer
> rarely ever runs and has only occasionally heard of Linux.
> I've been thinking of a simple but well featured desktop sync much
> like the Palm Desktop software, however it would be able to
> export/import data easier, handle media files better, etc.

Luckily, there is no need to write the user app in these cases, just
connectors.

On the Mac, the iSync software will already do what is wanted provided
someone "teaches" iSync about OpenMoko. Mac users are used to using
iSync with their PDAs and phones.

On Windows, one wants to produce an appropriate hack for Outlook since
on Windows that's more or less the only PIM that matters.

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com