Software Emulator

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Sat Feb 17 17:07:49 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 07:23 -0700, Ben Burdette wrote:
> It would be nice to have an emulator to actually run the software over
> on the computer side.  Not that that's the best way to have a desktop
> side to openmoko, but in the palm world its just reality that most
> developers never make a desktop component to their application.  With a
> solid, easy to use emulator and a sync utility you could run anything
> that runs on the phone, barring actually making calls or get gps signals.
>
> Besides the emulator, I'd like to see a nice contacts and calendar app
> on the PC side, similar to the palm desktop.

Seems one of the more common sentiments around here (myself included). I
was wondering if we could get a statement from Sean et al. on where a
software emulator is in their priority list or even if it is in the
queue of things they're developing in-house.

It will be a while before I get my hands on a Neo (March?) but I'd
really like to start coding now.
--

Richi Plana