Summer of Code todos and ideas

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Feb 26 18:05:01 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 17:07 +0100, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> At FOSDEM I asked Sean and Mickey if the OpenMoko project is
> interested in applications for Google summer of code. As they were
> interested, here we go.
>
> I started a wiki page with some first todos and ideas:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Summer_of_code

Great! This is an excellent thing!

> As you can see we have not that much time to collect ideas and choose
> applications out of them.
>
> The first thing that is needed is a so called project administrator.
> That's the contact person for the google summer of code team.
>
> I would suggest somebody of the coreteam for this job. I know that
> they all have pretty much load, but I see no good alternative at the
> moment.

Ok, just remember, google's donation to the organization, goes to .org.
It would be great as well to have people/mentors sign up for the ideas
they will help a student with.

The administrator role would be good for an OpenMoko open source
developer to take, for direction, coordination, etc. Harold? Mickey?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA