Request for Guided Walkthrough for configuring OpenEmbedded

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Fri Jan 26 21:42:57 CET 2007

Yeah, I went through those pretty extensively.

I'm running Ubuntu edgy (6.10).  I'm at work now, but I was having
troubles getting monotone to work.  The dpkg was showing that it was
installed, but I couldn't find any trace of it...and the following
command from the GettingStarted page failed saying mtn wasn't recognized
(or something similar)

mtn --db=/stuff/OE.mtn pull monotone.openembedded.org org.openembedded.dev

Note: Directory was changed appropriately.

I just noticed this statement on the website: Still OK with Edgy (Ubuntu
6.10) but monotone version installed this way is pretty old and I had to
install from .deb present on monotone web site (dpkg -i xxx.deb).  I'll
try that when I get home.

Any other thoughts?  I thought the documentation seemed pretty
straightforward too until I ended up at a dead end.  Oh well.  I'll get it.