Request for Guided Walkthrough for configuring OpenEmbedded

Scott Oberg scottoberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 22:49:40 CET 2007

Jonathon Suggs wrote:
> Yeah, I went through those pretty extensively.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu edgy (6.10).  I'm at work now, but I was having
> troubles getting monotone to work.  The dpkg was showing that it was
> installed, but I couldn't find any trace of it...and the following
> command from the GettingStarted page failed saying mtn wasn't recognized
> (or something similar)
Sounds like maybe the DB format you pulled is newer than your mtn
install?  Can't tell without the exact error.  I'm running on FC5 with
the following versions (and it looks like the last time I pulled the DB
was ~ 14th).

$ ls -la /oedev/OE.mtn
- -rw-rw-r-- 1 soberg soberg 121610240 Jan 14 04:37 /oedev/OE.mtn
$ mtn --version
monotone 0.32 (base revision: 3f0fa5c1d232d37d47f6436fe74919dd3cd003b1)
$ bitbake --version
BitBake Build Tool Core version 1.6.3, bitbake version 1.6.3

Scott