PalmOS-like data storage

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Sat Jan 27 17:22:53 CET 2007

Twas brillig at 17:13:31 27.01.2007 UTC+01 when Tomasz Zielinski did gyre and gimble:

 TZ> Does the OpenMoko support such operation with it's API? If it
 TZ> doesn't, there is a risk developers will implement dozens of
 TZ> different ways

... as many Unix apps do

 TZ> and every app will behave differently.

... but this is not the case for those apps.

I think just providing sqlite library in the core OS and some
documentation like "please use sqlite to store data in
$HOME/.programname" will be sufficient.

Your solution adds unnecessary complexity to the application manager,
and makes porting applications from the big Unices harder.

I would change my mind if you show the concrete examples which will
give a benefit to users and application developers (and no, "standard
API for settings" is not a benefit, because sqlite API is very
simple).

JID: dottedmag at jabber.dottedmag.net