Please no crossposting! Re: Information regarding the Messaging Support in OpenMoko

Tomasz Zielinski tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:54:39 CET 2007

2007/1/31, Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org>:

> We don't consider MMS as something that the typical user of the Neo1973
> would use anyway.  We have SMS, and we have GPRS for services like ICQ,
> Jabber, e-mail and the like.

It's too bad! MMS are perfect way for reporting or exachging data and
multimedia plans with free SMS/MMS are way more popular than flat rate
GPRS. If you have two mobiles with free MMS (8 EUR each) you can even
implement poor's man TCP over MMS :-D

> If somebody in the community wants to implement MMS, that's great.  But
> we don't see it as a core feature of the device.

Are the AT commands enough to encode and send MMS?

--
Tomek Z.
tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com