Is vim included out-of-the-box or shall i port? (was: Re: Development environment

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Wed Jan 31 21:09:06 CET 2007

Dnia środa, 31 stycznia 2007 17:52, michael at michaelshiloh.com napisał:

> Speaking of vim, will vim (or another derivitive of vi) be among the
> included applications, or shall I try cross-compiling it right now? (I
> can't live w/out vim).

We have Vim 7.0 in OpenEmbedded and I'm the one who can be called
maintainer of it. I did upgrade from 6.2 -> 6.4 -> 7.0 and when will have
time I plan to update to 7.0.latest-patchset. OE also contain vim-tiny.

As Mickeyl wrote we have busybox vi on device by default but it is good
only for minimal changes rather then bigger edits.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

   Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate... leads to suffering.
   		-- Yoda