Please no crossposting! Re: Information regarding the Messaging Support in OpenMoko

Knight Walker moko at kobran.org
Wed Jan 31 21:13:24 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 08:54:39PM +0100, Tomasz Zielinski wrote:
> It's too bad! MMS are perfect way for reporting or exachging data and
> multimedia plans with free SMS/MMS are way more popular than flat rate
> GPRS. If you have two mobiles with free MMS (8 EUR each) you can even
> implement poor's man TCP over MMS :-D

I agree.  Too bad MMS won't be supported.  My carrier charges me the same
price per MMS as per SMS and a single MMS can carry a lot more information
than a single SMS can (1000 chars vs 160).  I'm really not sure about
shoehorning TCP into MMS (I'd rather just have the phones exchange data
messages encoded straight in the MMS).

As it is, I hope MMS support can be added to the MoKo (i.e. the hardware
support is there and it's just a software component that needs to be
written)

-KW