Is vim included out-of-the-box or shall i port? (was: Re:, Development environment

Richi Plana myopenmoko at richip.dhs.org
Wed Jan 31 23:33:48 CET 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 14:18 -0600, Jonathon Suggs wrote:
> Richi Plana wrote:
> > Why would you want vim (or any source editor) running on your Neo?

> I'm pretty sure that I saw it on the OE repository, so I think it is there.  However, the scenario I would probably encounter more is that when I ssh into a server I can update configs on the server...which means it just has to be installed on the server, not the device itself.

Ahh, so you're talking about the scenario where you actually connect to
the device via terminal emulation. *nods* Fair enough.

Still, if you can avoid it (or if the phone limits your capacity to SSH
in), I would suggest editing your file outside of your phone. Either by
exporting the file via some a virtual / networked filesystem (NFS?) or
just exporting it to the phone (rsync).
--

Richi Plana