How do I locally patch OpenMokoMake build process?

Jeremiah Flerchinger j.j.flerchinger at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 4 07:57:24 CEST 2007

I'm new to svn, quilt, and bitbake (I'm more familiar with git) but was
wanting to make local patches to files & code that are pre-existing in
the build. How is this accomplished with OpenMokoMake?

As a simple test I tried to edit the keyboard.xml layout file and
config-parser.c
(in /moko/openmoko/trunk/src/target/OM-2007/inputmethods/openmoko-keyboard).  I've been trying the following
  cd /home/moko/openmoko
  quilt new input_test.patch
  quilt add /trunk/<rest of path>/config-parser.c
  quilt add /trunk/<rest of path>/config-parser.c
edited the files to move keys around in layout & add additional DBG and
printf statements.
  quilt refresh
Then I tried to rebuild with
  make openmoko-devel-image
Copying and running "/home/moko/build/tmp/rootfs" in Xephyr made no
difference.  I also tried "make clean-package-openmoko-keyboard" before
"make openmoko-devel-image" with no luck.

Should I try this with the files in moko/build/tmp/work/ instead? I'm
probably missing some very simple and obvious point, but I'm new to
these version control tools & OpenMoko.  Could someone point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,
J Flerchinger