How do I locally patch OpenMokoMake build process?

Jeremiah Flerchinger jeremiah.flerchinger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:07:24 CEST 2007

John Seghers wrote:
> One thing that looks wrong in your commands is that your paths
> "/trunk/<rest of path>..."
> are based at root rather than at /home/moko/openmoko...
>
> Try
> "quilt add trunk/<rest of path>...."
>
> If that isn't the issue, but rather a typo in your email, look at
> patches/input_test.patch.
Yes that was a typo.  Using the wrong path gives a patch file where
everything is added (I tried out of curiosity).
> One other thing... after creating the patch, run
> make update
>
> before
>
> make openmoko-devel-image

Thanks John, I forgot to actually patch with "make update".

The patch is then applied (which I can verify by checking the file in
"openmoko/trunk/<rest of path>") but it makes no difference to the xml
file created in rootfs/usr/share/.  I didn't verify if behavior of the
executable in rootfs/usr/bin/ changed yet.  It was a clean build.

Are these files not used in making the image then?  What's the point of
them being there?  Do I need to go back and patch a different set of
files instead so the rootfs is made as desired?