info on the SMedia 3362

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Thu Jul 12 15:26:07 CEST 2007

Chuck Tuffli wrote:
> I'm interested in the next Neo phone, especially the graphics
> processor. Are there technical specs (programmer's guide, register
> def, etc) available for this part somewhere? What tasks in terms of
> integrating the 3362 into OpenMoko are the core developers planning to
> do and what tasks could some help?

We can't help.
It's a part with an NDA.
Unless they get permission to share this with outsiders, it looks like
FIC employees will be the only ones to be able to write this code.

I suspect that - with all of the other demands on their time - that this
may mean that all features of the chip will not be available - at least
for some time.