Windows Client Software: The hard truth.

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Fri Jul 13 14:44:08 CEST 2007

On Friday 13 July 2007 10:21:36 Mark Crowley wrote:
> Right then, on to the next part of the puzzle. How do we sync OpenMoko with
> another client using SyncML without the need to install the
> funambol.comserver? http://www.opensync.org/ provide a synchronisation
> framework which acts as an intermediary between clients to marshal the
> syncronisation. This in itself is not enough as I dont't think it supports
> IP connections from a client. e.g. you cannot specify
> http://<yourpcipaddress>/<syncsomething> as a target from a SyncML client.

If I'm not totally mistaken, OpenSync DOES support TCP/IP connections for
SyncML, at least I'm 99.999% sure thats how it syncs with my P900 (which for
other reasons, mainly because it's hard to get it to talk TCP/IP over
Bluetooth, is a bit painful to do, but sort of works).

At the very least, I DID set http://someinternalip/something in the phone to
sync.