Windows Client Software: The hard truth.

ramsesoriginal ramsesoriginal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 17:56:13 CEST 2007

On 7/13/07, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> > "statistics-and-updates". It would be incredible easy for the user if he
> > simply opens IE/FF/Opera/wathevere, goes on the phone, and on a page
> clicks
> > "install all updates", and the phone would do the rest. This could be an
>
> > alternative to the GUI to the package manager. And it would be simple
> and
> > small (a .html fiel isn't really big, a gtk appliacatio probably is. And
> > simpler to mantain. Yes, indeed, i like this idea ;)
>
> Oh it can do a lot more than that - HTML supports file up/download so you
> can do neat things like:
>
>         "Download recent calls as .csv"
>         "Download contacts list as .csv"
>         "Upload new phone book"
>         "Install package"  (when you've got it on PC disk ready to add)
>

> Also
>         Dial
>         Make GPS connection [with a window showing current status of
> connection etc + disconnect button]
>         Query GPRS co-ordinates
>
> are really easy.

It falshed to my mind wath possibilities this would give: if the websrver
could also be used from "outside" the network, it would allow a really
simple api to create applications wich syncronise with the device. So. f.ex.
it could allow to write twitter plugins that post the position every few
hours. wow.

--
My corner of the web: http://ramsesoriginal.wordpress.com
My dream, my world: http://abenu.wordpress.com