Faster build process than openmoko-devel-image?

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Thu Jul 19 18:57:47 CEST 2007

Le jeudi 19 juillet 2007 à 13:43 +0200, Visti Andresen a écrit :
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 05:44:54 -0500
> Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com> wrote:
>
> > Alright, I've finally figured out how to add new packages to builds, and am
> > starting to develop.  However, I'm finding the turnaround rather slow.
> [...]
>
> I don't know...
> But you could also just build the specific ipk package and scp it to the
> emulator and install it using 'ipkg install file'
>
> And for the small programs I normally create, I build them so they also can
> be run without installation from the build directory.
[...]

Do you really need to build your programs for the ARM to develop them?
I usually find much more convenient to program under xoo+Xnest directly
on the x86 PC, then address the build and compilation for the target
system later on when the program is in good shape.
Of course, your app may require to develop on the target; but that's
certainly more complex.

Rodolphe