Qemu doesn't work with gadgetfs

Ingmar Rieger openmoko-devel at lists.openmoko.org
Thu Jul 19 10:53:22 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:39:47 +0200, Visti Andresen <talpa at galnet.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:34:44 +0200
> Ingmar RIeger <openmoko at ingmars-bastelecke.net> wrote:

>> I also checked /devgadgetfs with ls -l /dev/gadget/
>> insgesamt 0
>> -rw------- 1 root root 0 2007-07-18 23:21 dummy_udc
>
> I just checked my /dev/gadget, the ownership of your /dev/gadget/dummy_udc
> shouldn't be root
>
> ls -l /dev/gadget
> total 0
> -rw------- 1 talpa root 0 2007-07-19 09:23 dummy_udc
> btw. I have noticed that modprobe dos not complain if the module is
> already
> loaded, perhaps gadgetfs was already loaded (without default_uid=1000)
> when you issued the command?

Oh, I didn't saw that. I think it was owned by root because I did a modprobe gadgetfs first and later the same with the option (modprobe gadgetfs default_uid=1000). Now I have also my user as the owner, but qemu doesn't work with it.

> (after I do a usb_add gadget:1 inside qemu I also get lots of
> /dev/gadget/ep* entries with the same set of permissions)

I would test this but I don't know where to use this command. Where could I use this command?

--
Kind regards,
Ingmar Rieger

openmoko at ingmars-bastelecke.net