Qemu doesn't work with gadgetfs

John Seghers jseghers at cequint.com
Tue Jul 24 02:43:47 CEST 2007

Ingmar Rieger wrote:
> > $ 3) do the modprobe, create /dev/gadget, and mount it.
> Done this without errors.

This is the output added to dmesg from doing the modprobe on my machine
(timestamps removed for clarity):
dummy_hcd dummy_hcd: USB Host+Gadget Emulator, driver 02 May 2005
dummy_hcd dummy_hcd: Dummy host controller
dummy_hcd dummy_hcd: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3
usb usb3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 3-0:1.0: 1 port detected
gadgetfs: USB Gadget filesystem, version 24 Aug 2004
usb usb3: dummy_bus_suspend

If the dummy_hcd lines are not there, I would suspect that you don't have
the proper USB support compiled into the kernel.

I suspect that may also be the case why the error:

> Warning: could not find USB gadgetfs

comes up so early in the start of QEMU.

- John