future OpenEmbedded updates

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Wed Jun 6 12:29:49 CEST 2007

Currently OpenMoko use few months old OpenEmbedded snapshot + own SVN
overlay with extra stuff (most of that overlay was added to OE already).
Sooner or later OpenMoko will do another update of OE metadata. What I
want to discuss is a way how it can be done to make both projects
cooperate more.

I would like to propose is org.openmoko.dev branch in OpenEmbedded with
limited commit access to OpenMoko guys which will be able to add/change
stuff there and OE devs will not. This will also give possibility to
cherrypick bugfixes from org.openembedded.dev branch to OpenMoko one (and
vice versa) in clean way.

Problem which can be seen from OpenMoko team is that this will give them
second SCM to worry (as they use Subversion currently to keep source code
and OE overlay).

What do you think about it?

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                 Try not! Do, or do not! There is no try!
                 		-- Yoda