Why GTK+ 2.6 is the preferred version?

Chad chad.page at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 20:02:25 CEST 2007

The ARM chip used in the Neo has no FPU, and newer GTK+ versions use
Cairo which benefits greatly from floating point.  Therefore 2.6 is
the best performing version for ARM chips.  This report covers the
Nokia 770, which is pretty much in the same boat as the Neo:

http://osdir.com/ml/gnome.performance/2006-07/msg00084.html