Help.. How to apply patch to BitBake recipe file?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Mon Jun 25 23:17:50 CEST 2007

John Seghers wrote:
> It's a patch to OE stuff that's in the OpenMoko tree.  I started to move it
> to the openembedded/patches directory, but when I searched out the package
> it would be modifying in that tree, I found that the openembedded pulseaudio
> package is at version 0.9.5 instead of the 0.9.6 that is in the
> openmoko/trunk/oe tree.
>
> The file I need to patch is
> /home/moko/openmoko/trunk/oe/packages/pulseaudio/pulseaudio_0.9.6.bb

OK, in that case the patch does go in patches/openmoko-HEAD/.... and you
should be able to use quilt to manage it (that directory gets symlinked
by MokoMakefile into the openmoko svn checkout.

>> Yes, cause it's looking for it in the openmoko svn area instead of the
>> OE checkout area.
>>
>> Put it in the other patches subdir, and it should work as expected.
>
> Or did I misunderstand what you meant by "other patches subdir"?

I thought you wanted to patch the frozen OE checkout, so I said to use
the "other patches subdir"
(patches/openembedded-e2dbb52fe39df7ef786b6068f6178f29508dfded).  Since
it's actually an openmoko svn tree file you want to patch, then use the
patches/openmoko-HEAD dir as specified above.

-- Rod