resolved (was: RE: Help.. How to apply patch to BitBake recipe file?)

John Seghers jseghers at cequint.com
Wed Jun 27 20:07:04 CEST 2007

Rod Whitby wrote
> John Seghers wrote:
> > The file I need to patch is
> > /home/moko/openmoko/trunk/oe/packages/pulseaudio/pulseaudio_0.9.6.bb
>
> OK, in that case the patch does go in patches/openmoko-HEAD/.... and you
> should be able to use quilt to manage it (that directory gets symlinked
> by MokoMakefile into the openmoko svn checkout.

Thank you for your help and patience.  This is the first time I've used
quilt or patch, so I was flailing a bit...

I finally got the patch from #599 to work, but it took a slight
modification.  The patch as-is would only work if one ran the quilt import
from /home/moko.  This of course added the patch to the series file in
/home/moko/patches, not in /home/moko/patches/openmoko-HEAD.

In order to add it properly to the build, I needed to add "openmoko/trunk/"
to the beginnings of the file paths in the patch file.

Then I could run the quilt import command from /home/moko/openmoko and have
it work OK.

- John