Development on OSX

Per-Olov Jernberg jernberg at norkay.se
Thu Jun 28 12:38:16 CEST 2007

Hi

I have been following the progress of this project quite a long time
since i first saw the early prototypes, as a long time programer i'd
really like to get into developing for the device, but as i'm a recent
switcher to OSX from Windows, i'd like to ask if there is any hope of
doing app/core-development/debugging under OSX (or Windows)?

I'd guess the best way must be to run an emulated environment, so... can
anyone recommend any specific *nix-distribution that i should run
virtualized under VMware or Parallels etc or are they all good enough?
(the problem running virtualized i'd guess is getting the communication
to the actual device working for uploading files/firmwares to it etc.)