Experimenting with autotools recursive build for the entire OM-2007 tree

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at free.fr
Sat Mar 3 20:45:23 CET 2007

Le samedi 03 mars 2007 à 20:25 +0100, Koen Kooi a écrit :

> Rodolphe Ortalo schreef:
>
> > 1) for a top-level (autotools-based) build system to run correctly, the
> > sub-packages trees must be ready to configure. So, it would certainly
> > necessitates to include configure scripts, etc. generated by autoreconf
> > in the SVN tree.
>
> Eeeew, it's *very* bad form to include generated files in SVN, especially considering they
> will be broken for proper cross-compiling. Can't you just call autoreconf using a script
> before running the toplevel configure?

Mmm. Yes, it may be feasible with some shell scripting. After all it's
just a matter of "find"-ing the locations of configure.ac files and
running autoreconf in their respective dirs. However, one should not
start the configure script itself directly in each dir (or the top-level
one may complain, especially if run in a separate build tree).

You need to re-generate configure scripts for cross-compilation? (I did
not know that.)

Rodolphe