Core dev input (was Re: MokoMakefile disabling of "svnnow" and new force-rebuild target)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sun Mar 4 11:11:12 CET 2007

Harald Welte wrote:
> unfortunately our team is way too small, then there was FOSDEM, and now
> Mickey is on holidays, so even though we're all spending way too many
> hours each day on the project, you will not see tomuch input/output form
> us until a number of really important issues has been fixed (and until
> the team has grown to a more reasonable size).

That's actually the main reason why I created MokoMakefile.  I hope to
make my initial contribution to OpenMoko by taking the pressure off the
core team as far as helping external developers build images (and other
things when phase0 starts).

If MokoMakefile can reduce the number of "how do I build this" or "why
does this package no longer build" questions (or at least direct them
away from the core team for other community members to respond to), then
it succeeds in it's mission.

-- Rod